My paternal grandfather's family lived in this castle over 400 years ago. Lots of drama involved with this gorgeous ruin, on Giant's Causeway. I love all the lore, I have spent hours researching the family histories, rivalries, tragedies and supernatural things involved. EatCrayons mentioned in my last post that she wants to move there and I would love to as well. There is something about the green land and the graying stone that move me.Realistically, I will be very happy if we can visit at some point and this will be the other place that I think I could feasibly spend weeks!
More photos my dad took when he was there:
A fun video with a song called Dunluce Castle by the Irish Rovers.
My goodness, that is just stunning!!! I would be in heaven to visit somewhere like that, I would take that over hot weather places in a second flat! :)
Wow, that is incredible! I am currently working on my own family history and I do not have ANYTHING to compare with what you have found in your own family - how totally fascinating! Lucky!! :-P
Oh how gorgeous, and how special that you share a connection with it. I think everyone should research their family histories, and find out where their story began. How cool!
Whoa, what fantastic photos! How awesome is it that you have family connections to such a place!? That is exactly it, the green land that is unlike any green we have here in the states, the graying stone...I crave it. Well also a pint and warm wooly Aran sweater. One day, one day.
10 comments:
How beautiful! Knowing the history and the people that lived there make it come alive.
I want to go there as well. That is one of about five places that I want to visit in my lifetime.
Absolutely beautiful place - I would love to visit too:):) Thank you for sharing.
How neat to have a personal connection to such a beautiful and historic place! I hope you do get to visit!
My goodness, that is just stunning!!! I would be in heaven to visit somewhere like that, I would take that over hot weather places in a second flat! :)
Wow, that is incredible! I am currently working on my own family history and I do not have ANYTHING to compare with what you have found in your own family - how totally fascinating! Lucky!! :-P
I love all these pictures. My step-dad is Irish. They had talked about visiting...I hope they do soon.
Oh how gorgeous, and how special that you share a connection with it. I think everyone should research their family histories, and find out where their story began. How cool!
Beautiful pictures! I would love to go to Ireland someday ~ I just have to get over my fear of flying over the ocean first.
Whoa, what fantastic photos! How awesome is it that you have family connections to such a place!? That is exactly it, the green land that is unlike any green we have here in the states, the graying stone...I crave it. Well also a pint and warm wooly Aran sweater. One day, one day.
Post a Comment