
I had a rather lovely experience on our drive home from Iowa. I was listening to this song (Turned to Real Life by Shiny Toy Guns - You Tube link) and as I listened, I noticed that the sky was an incredible parfait of pink, purple and blue. Like the toys I played with as a child, like princesses who sneak out of the castle and dance their satin slippers to mere strips, like cotton candy and airbrush paintings at the Fair.
"Now i'm glowing
Like a sunset
In the window
Of my dreams
That turned to real life
I'll never forget when
For the first time
A girl in a fantasy
Turned to real life"
The photo was taken on our way down, so I tweaked the frame as close as I could to the colors I saw. We had quite a few warm days down there, so a lot of the snow had melted in the fields. The rich, black soil was spotted with large patches of white. The animals seemed a bit happier as well!
4 comments:
Being from Iowa, I know exactly what you're talking about! The landscape is really very beautiful, at all times of the year!
Thats so pretty! Love the lyrics too.
I love those black dots on the white snow. I heard someone refer to all this weather we've been having as the "snowpocolypse". I laughed and laughed. How true!
The picture and those lyrics went together so beautifully, nice post! :-)
Post a Comment