Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Wistful Christmas



As we ran to do a week's worth of stuff in one day before we left for the holiday, we realized we had a problem: snow. I had to do a few errands, including shipping a number of orders. I could barely see. And if it's bad in a metro, you know it's going to be horrific in lower MN and IA. So we stayed home and in for two days.

My husband and I spent some quality time together watching a bunch of DVR'd shows and the kids got to play with birthday and Christmas presents. While in the middle of all this, I caught myself staring out the window at this beautiful sight. I like to think that my poor artificial tree is slightly jealous of real evergreens. And I like being able to see real evergreens even though we can't have them in the house.

It's my kind of quiet Christmas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

As beautiful as it is I don't want snow. The hounds don't want snow either. I do feel at peace looking at your picture but I still don't want it. lol

Unknown said...

I think your kind of quiet Christmas is awesome! That's just the kind of Christmastime I like. I even like the snow.

Cynthia said...

It's definately been a 'hunker down' kind of Christmas. Sadly, I'm starting to get that cabin fever thing going on.

Glad you had a beautiful season and didn't risk your neck driving!

Carrie said...

I don't think it's just your artificial tree that is jealous, I am too! ;) So pretty! I would have LOVED to have a white Christmas, "trapped" inside with the fam. So much fun.

Heather said...

That is so beautiful! Lucky.