Sunday, January 4, 2009

Tweaks for the New Year

I am not a Resolution maker. I am not a list maker. Not much of a big goal maker either. But I believe in tweaks. Small changes, that, made consecutively and consistently, will bring me to where I want to be.

2008 was not always a happy year. Two of my dearest friends moved to different countries. I got to spend some time with one of them in this new year and I already miss her so much. We made a lot of small changes though. We started eating less meat and processed things and ate more organic foods. We continue to try to add more exercise to our everyday lives. I dealt with my frustration with my injury and not working by opening an etsy shop.

So 2009 will continue to be full of tweaks. Adding an extra mile to the 1-2 miles I'm averaging a day right now, and continue to add a mile till I'm at 6-8 miles a day. Having a better idea of what is selling in my shop and being more productive with it. Exploring this amazing country we live in. Finding areas where the kids thrive, be it sports or the library or science...Continuing to eat healthier every day. Being more involved in church.

I do have one big goal though: no ER trips!!! We had gone a year and a half without a trip before May and had one food allergy related trip. We're at about 7 months now.
(Photo taken early morning, December 17th.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am with you on adding small tweaks. I plan to address my household. I have been painting all weekend and my DH is laying hardwood right now. I plan to keep on working on it until it becomes the home that I want it to be.

I also want to walk more. I am looking forward to getting out more once spring comes along and the better in shape I am the easier it will be to climb those mountains.

Thanks for the inspiration. :)

My Inspired Reality said...

I wish you wonderful things in 2009:):)

Sarah said...

I am so glad you shared the small tweaks philosophy. I always tend to make resolutions at the beginning of each year and then feel just awful because I never, ever keep them. :( I hope this coming year will be wonderful for you ~ what a lovely photo you shared!

Anonymous said...

Tweaking your life is a good thing. I should really do the tweaking thing, since it is how I usually operate. BUT, I did list some objectives this year. Maybe next year I'll be a "tweaker" along with you.

Beautiful picture too.