While on my etsy shop gathering expedition yesterday, I headed towards Stillwater. Looking online for a particular store, it still listed this location, even though I had been there a few times and did not remember it still being there. With gas prices dropping, it was worth a trip to find out!
Of course, it was gone. I went a little past where I needed to go and spotted a scenic overlook on the side of the road. This was one I had not visited and thought I should at least take a look while I was alone and still had time.
This is Lake St Croix. Stillwater is The Birthplace of Minnesota and is right on the border of Minnesota and Wisconsin. Phil's Tara Hideaway (restaurant) was a gangster hideout and still retains some old time, Prohibition era atmosphere. Also, under the city, are caves that were carved out of sandstone in the 1850's. You can tour them, until Labor Day, they are connected to the Luna Rosa Restaurant. St Paul also has sandstone, man carved caves as well, known as the Wabasha Street Caves.
Just a lovely Minnesotan day....
No comments:
Post a Comment