I thought I might try blogging every day about the Republican National Convention going on here. There's been so much activity in town, it's actually becoming a bit fun to watch!
Two days ago, the city mowed. I think it's the first time in a couple of years. So woohoo Convention goers, you get short grass!!!! Of course, it's killing my family's allergies. Thank goodness for Benadryl.
In the photo above, you get a nice shot of the Capitol building and the short grass on the left!
From the MN Historical Society page on the Capitol:
On January 2, 1905, thousands of Minnesotans streamed through the richly decorated halls and chambers of their new state Capitol for the first time. The product of nearly 12 years of planning and construction, the Capitol was immediately hailed throughout the country as one of America's grandest and most beautiful public buildings, a reputation that has endured for a hundred years.
Now that the State Fair is starting up today, a lot of the road construction is done as well!!! I am thankful for that!
2 comments:
Awesome shot! It's no wonder your Capitol building gets so many compliments!
Wow, that is a beautiful photo.
Cece
Post a Comment