Dellwood. Dellwood is where F Scott Fitzgerald spent his non - St Paul Minnesota time, and where they lived when his daughter, Scottie, was born. I knew I had seen it, been through it, but I tend to get lost when I'm driving anywhere (you know, like home from work!) and I couldn't remember where I had seen it. I took a couple of quick jaunts around White Bear Lake, and while I found a lot of the beautiful historic houses, I did not come across Dellwood.
On a later trip, when I was thinking that it was mentioned that it was near Highway 96, I headed down that way towards Stillwater one night. I knew it wasn't the direction towards St Paul, because, well, I'd already tried that! As I drove, it clicked that Dellwood was near our favorite apple orchard, Pine Tree Apple Orchard. And there she was, a small sign a few hundred feet before the turn off for the orchard. It was too dark to do any real exploring, but we will soon make numerous trips there, for a good portion of our fall entertainment.
In honor of my finally finding Dellwood, I posted one of my favorite photos from the orchard, from back when I had the most emo toddlers ever, circa 2004.
1 comment:
F Scott Fitzgerald lived for a short time a few blocks from my old house in Wilmington, DE. Unfortunately, most of it was torn down to put up some incredibly ugly apartment buildings.
deputydog
Post a Comment