It's that time of year when I especially miss her. But now, all the firsts are gone. The first grandchildren, the first college graduate, the first of every holiday, the weddings. We have a new normal without mom being here. And this week, I relished in what our family is now. Her importance, love and wisdom will never be forgotten. I am proud of my dad and my sister and myself, for who we are now. I am proud of my husband, my brother in law and my step mom for becoming an integral part of our family, and us being integral parts of their families. And I'm proud of my little boys, for millions of reasons.
Happy Mother's Day.
11 comments:
So sorry that you are missing your mom! I'm glad you have good people in your life!
I'm also sorry you are without your Mom. A girl never stops needing her Mama. However, I'm also glad to see you are appreciating your family as it is now- a good point for us all to remember.
I am sorry you are missing your mom, I am missing mine, too!
XXDenise
What a beautiful post. It is so good that you can take this often difficult day to focus on all the positive and good things in your life.
love you. happy mother's day.
A lovely tribute.I know your mother appreciates it from where she is.You sound as if you are creating a similar legacy for youe children also,
There is nothing to take the place of the love a mother has for a child. I choose to believe that she still hears your prayers and is as close as your heart and always will be. When you send her prayers and I love yous, she's happy and sends them right back to you.
Angel Blessings
I'm sorry you miss your mom, but I'm thrilled that your family is becoming what you want to be or what you can be happy with, even without mom. Good for you with your great attitude! Makes me want to go give everyone in my family a hug. It's a nice moment to be reminded about how much I have to appreciate!
Aw, I feel you. Mother's day is still a bummer for me, too. I know it sounds corny but your mother is a part of everything you are.
I'm glad that your mother left your family a legacy. I am enjoying your photos and comments.
Heidi
heidisommerfeldstevenson.blogspot.com
I miss mine too - Thanks for what you wrote - words are hard for me.
Post a Comment