Monday, February 9, 2009

The Strangest Thing

I spend a lot of time in different venues looking for things for my shop (and for other things, like pants. Pants are useful.) And sometimes, you seem some pretty wacky things. There's an entire blog devoted to this kind of thing that I just found: Thrift Store Nightmares.

But last week, I finally found something that I felt the need to photograph and share: a leg. Now...who doesn't need a spare appendage? I know I could use some extra hands. Not sure what to do with a leg though. Sometimes I will see a number of things in the store that I think go together. This time, I saw a canvas duffel and a battered canteen that I thought might have gone with this leg.

I also thought it was awesome that it was in the umbrella/hat/tie/sock section. I guess that sort of makes sense...And I would have checked the price, but I think I scared the lady next to me when I whipped out the camera:P.

7 comments:

Grace2882 said...

I am sitting here in shock. Did you happen to have your camera on you or did you have to go get it? I would have missed this photo opportunity. lol

Cynthia said...

Man, if it had been more of a chick leg you could have made a lamp out of it!

That is definitely one of the weirder things I've seen! LOL! I wonder if you could get it and donate it to one of those African charities? Or where is it that they have all the land mine issues? I'm chuckling about it but at the same time, to someone trying to get by minus that appendage in the 3rd world, that leg may as well be gold.

Pam said...

I'll have to see if it's still there. Just seemed like an odd place to end up. I totally agree with you, Cynthia! It doesn't seem like it's necessarily an exact fit to someone.

Grace, I take my camera with me pretty much every time I go somewhere. It's either in my glove compartment or my purse. It was really cold last week, so I had it in my purse. Partly so I wouldn't forget it in the car. Again.

Hoskins Family said...

Seriously crazy to find a leg there?

glitzen said...

Ha! Taking your camera to the thrift store is a must. I have a great camera on my Blackberry so I am always at the ready.

A leg? Who wouldathunkit. Wild! I love thrift store discoveries, I have been planning to do a blog post about my latest. Nothing like human body parts though. Darn.

Rusty said...

Oh my! What a unique find indeed! I can't say that I've ever come across any of these in my thrift store shopping days, but I've come across endless supplies of crutches! Good thing you had your camera! Thanks for sharing!

-k8

jenny said...

Um wow, I guess it is an accessory of sorts...