I've had a lot going on lately and been filling my head and camera with posts, just not posting them!
During the Winter Carnival a week or so ago, I got caught up in the Medallion search (link for clues and explanations) and started wanting to visit some of the parks that people were going to to dig. Now, my idea of fun is not digging through a foot of snow in -2 degree weather, even for something like $25,000. I had been wanting to go to Indian Mounds Park for some time, so I found out where it was and took a drive out. I had hoped to get photos of people digging, but apparently people are not out at 8:30 am in -1 temps on a weekday. I was not disappointed. I found my favorite view of St Paul, shown here. I did find the burial mounds, but they are much bigger than I thought they would be and I need to figure out how I want to photograph them for the blog.
I really enjoyed researching the clues and posting on the boards about the search. It fostered a great sense of community and I learned a lot of interesting facts about different parks and part of the city that I didn't know!
3 comments:
I love your shots. I too take pics and then forget to post to the blog. I am glad I am not alone. I thought it was my old age creeping up on me. lol
You are brave to take on such temperatures! Yowza! Proof positive that I'm a wuss because I could never manage to live that far north and survive it.
Beautiful pictures as always.
That is a great location for photos. One of my favorite views of the city. It's really neat in the evening as the sun sets behind St. Paul.
Post a Comment