I have lived in the North for almost my whole life. I've lived in the Adirondacks, the Catskills and the Allegheny mountains. I remember the
Super Storm of 1993. I've lived in Minnesota for 10 years. So I'm not sure what I was thinking the other day when I let myself enjoy the crisp robin egg blue sky and the 40 degree temps. I let myself utter that sweet far off 'S' word: Spring. I thought no matter what, winter had to be almost over.
The next day...

Yeah. Mother Nature told me. I couldn't see two feet in front of me. I can usually see part of the skyline from here. It normally takes me under 15 minutes to get here and back home. Yesterday, it took an hour. We had a windchill today of -10.
On the other hand, if March comes in like a lion, it'll go out like a lamb. I'm hoping:).
9 comments:
Don't you just hate it when that happens???LOL!
thats why i love georgia...
wow lol
We never see that here in TX... just once I'd LOVE to.
I know it has to be tiring after awhile though- but it's so pretty!!
Wow! That's an amazing picture. I sure wish we got weather like that around here, but I can see how you'd not like it after awhile.
For the fourth time I stayed up until 3AM waiting for the predicted 3 inches of snow without seeing a flake.When I got up there was a sprinkle of it on the ground..As you spoke of,by the end of the week the change to the 70's...Can not imagine having a winter of your type though..
I know how you feel! I blogged a week or so ago "Rain, rain go away", well, it did and the next day we had cold, blowing snow!
Have a great day, Denise
This time of year can play serious mind games. We had snow a couple days ago too, the day after a really beautiful sunny warm day.
Spring is close... really it is! :)
LOL, yeah, I remember living up north. We get side swiped by tornadoes down here so not sure what's easier to live with. thanks for you lovely comments on my blog. It's a mutual admiration society! :-)
LOL. And I'm sure in the back of your mind, you knew the moment you uttered the word, it would be taken away!
I'm like that with fall. I want fall to come so badly at the end of summer that I start wearing jeans and long sleeves, even if it's slightly too warm for it. It's like I think the weather will go, "oh, yea, Mia's right, it's time for fall. Let's just go ahead and start that season for her". LOL.
(BTW-finally getting around to adding you to my blogroll).
Post a Comment