Friday, November 14, 2008

Getting Lost in St Paul...

Is rather unpleasant when you get lost when you are needing to be on time. You know what happens? You will be driving along and knowing a basic geography of the city, and see a street with a recognizable name.

'A-ha!' you think. 'I am on my way now!'

Until you come to a ... lake. MN is known for 10,000 lakes (more like 14,000!) but do so many of them need to be *inside* the city? And yes, typically, the street picks up again, somewhere else.

Or how about the same street name with different locales? X Ave, X Dr E, X Dr W, X Circle, X SW 1/2...

The Interstates and Highways are not much better. 94, 35, and 61 all pick up right downtown St Paul, but figuring out which direction to take from the middle is a very interesting (and educational) experience.

Today I was fortunate. I made it to the school on time to pick up the little munchkins.

And sometimes you find interesting places...



Historic Fort Snelling, where the Mississippi and Minnesota Rivers meet.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

I would get lost so much were it not for the easily-identifiable mountains where I live. However, your post makes me realize that sometimes it is quite a good adventure TO get lost. Cool photos.