The Curious Case of Benjamin Button site, with trailers!
I am quite excited for this film. It is based on a short story by F Scott Fitzgerald and was originally published in 1922.
I have a book full of many of his short stories called 'Before Gatsby' (a rich find on one of my etsy shop excursions!) and it contains this story. Which I have not read, yet. I just discovered that the book is full of wonderful photos of the covers of the magazines his work appeared in. I cannot figure out what she is doing to her neck though.
I am very intrigued by this story and the movie. I love the time period, of course. But it also reflects Scott's and Zelda's obsession with staying young, etc.
More posts to come! The movie opens Christmas Day and has a fantastic cast.
*ETA* As I watched the trailer, I thought 'hmm, looks very 'Young Indiana Jones' to me. The War (I'm assuming WWI, it looks like the trenches), the ballet (one of the best episodes of YI!), and the motorcycle (which is prominent in both Young Indy/Verdun AND in the latest IJ movie). I was searching for info on BB and found this article about David Fincher. His childhood neighbor was George Lucas and he worked for Lucas' Industrial Light and Magic on 'Return of the Jedi'.
Coincidentally, his movie Se7en has come up at least twice in discussion here in the past week and is one of my favorite movies for style. I loved the way the notebooks and photographs were done. Zodiac had some of those artistic elements.
Lucas seems to be slightly obsessed with Hemingway as well, who was close to Fitzgerald. They had an interesting Enneagram 4 type 'push pull' relationship.
2 comments:
You know, I saw a commercial on tv for this movie a few days ago and it does look intriguing!
I might have to persuade Eric that we've got to see it. :)
I had not heard anything about this movie, but it looks interesting, I have to check it out...!
Post a Comment