Saturday, November 22, 2008

Ballerinas, Dogs, Delilah and Trick Outdoorsman...Just a Normal Day at Mall of America!


My sister's birthday is next weekend:). So we celebrated a little bit early at the Mall of America.
I got her birthday card/crown/necklace from Paperladyinvites. Her blog cracks me up and I love all the wonderful things she does with paper!


We ate lunch at Tucci Benucci. Tuscan salad, bread with olive oil and butternut squash ravioli in an apple cider cream sauce. So. Good.

I have a custom gift coming for her too that turned out quite lovely!

We rarely go to the MOA on weekends, especially weekends near Christmas so I forgot about the mass chaos! But it was fun. Lots of Iowa Hawkeyes fans (GO GOPHERS!!)

We saw ballerinas in Barnes and Noble:

We did not go in but it looked Nutcracker related.


Top Dog Foundation was there with 9 of the 12 dogs featured in their calendar. We cooed over the Newfoundland. He was so sweet! I told my sister about this cutie pie post (those crazy newfs) over at the Field Notes From an Evolutionary Psychologist blog.

Delilah was there with a local radio station, Columbia sportswear had a number of things going on, and my husband and brother in law got in some nice male bonding time with our two sons. Melody and I stuck with clothing shops! A good day, a red letter day:).

7 comments:

glitzen said...

Sounds like a blast! I love love love malls. I rarely get to one, its a four-hour drive right now.
Your sister is lucky to have you! All that just adds up to a real fun birthday...too cool!

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

I'm glad you love your card!

Personally, I try to stay away from the malls in November and December! Too busy! I start to go crazy!

-chelsey

Cynthia said...

Looks like a fun time- and that lunch sounds AMAZINGLY YUMMY! Now I'm hungry!

Vita said...

makes me want to go holiday shopping. I've been procrastinating so far...Lovely photos! so cheerful!

Anonymous said...

Our mall never has anything fun like this. They just take my money. lol

Melody said...

that lunch was so good. i'm still thinking about it.
*loves*

Unknown said...

I'm not a big "mall" person, but I would LOVE to go to the Mall of America one day. I also generally stay away from the mall at holiday time, but I always plan to go ONCE, just to get the "Christmas at the Mall" feeling. :-) That shot of the American Girl Shop is very tantalizing... :-P