Today I breathed a sigh of relief. The lawns by the highways are trashed, and the awkward regrowth of grass stands out. Fall is creeping in, gently kissing the leaves at the uttermost heights and occassionaly flipping an entire tree red overnight. The silver maple leaves show their shiny underbellies every time the wind blows.
School started easily and we are already in a routine, despite two different start dates and early dismissals. Football practice is in full swing. And they practice in every kind of weather, unlike baseball! LOL! I did nearly rear end a bus (empty!) on the way to school today. Someone's Pomeranian was running loose on the Interstate and the bus braked to avoid hitting him. I hope they got him back:(.
My 5 year old fell asleep on the Sky Glider! It carries people from one end of the Fair to the other, up in the sky. His nickname is The Dirt Magnet too. His face was clean when we started!
My 8 year old LOVED the Paramore concert! He sang along quite loudly to about half the songs, charming the group of teenage girls in front of us!
The University of Minnesota water tower skyline, from the stadium at the Fair.
The 'RIOT' sign at the Paramore concert. That is the name of their most recent album and this was the final Riot tour. Very cool band.
5 comments:
I love state fair pics! I love state fairs!
great pics.
I've only been to our state fair once, but we have a kick butt county fair and I went three times this year. I can't believe your fair is so big there's a ride to take you across - awesome!
i was sad to have missed you guys at the fair! so much craziness, but jono had fun with you guys and told me stories about the Sky Glide.
Very cool! Sounds like a great time! I know what you mean about having a dirt magnet child. Too funny that he fell asleep!
Post a Comment