Friday, October 24, 2008

Geese in the Graveyard






I love graveyards.
I love this last photo. I imagine the geese saying 'I think Uncle Joe was buried over here!'
Sometimes when it's frosty out, it is so lovely, especially with the intense fall colors in the trees. I like geese. I'll be sad when it's too cold for them and they head South.

Funny but true story. Once I was driving on a highway and a mother (I assume it was a mother, maybe it was an aunt?) led TWENTY TWO gosling adolescents behind her. They were at that real ugly scrawny stage, where they are all gray and thin limbs. I stopped traffic on my side of the street, another car on the other side stopped traffic and we let them cross. I had plenty of time to count them all.

PS I believe Miss Indy, the Ike Rescue, was adopted! She is no longer listed on their site! Lucky family!! Though now I'm totally in love with the 5 year old dachshund, Rusty. I need a doxie.

3 comments:

glitzen said...

Wow, you took some lovely shots! Love the one with the fountain, and the geese shadowed by trees on each side. All the pics are wonderful!
22 baby geese..cool! Glad you stopped to let them cross!

Crazy K Bath and Body said...

What pretty pictures! The only geese around here hang out by the duck ponds and chase you down and attack you even when you don't have any bread for them :-)

High Desert Diva said...

There's something special about graveyards in the fall...